Monday, October 10, 2011

Short Stories

Tuesday 10/4 - I did my first load of laundry today (yeah, I know, gross) and didn't realize that I had never washed the pair of neon yellow socks that had in my laundry basket. Consequently, all the white areas of my other clothes are now a light, pee-color, yellowLovely.

Thursday 10/6 - Apparently in Spain, although there are public dumpsters for trash/plastic and recycling located throughout the city, you are only allowed to use them between 9:00 and 10:30 at night. Which would explain why I thought it was weird when my roommate took out the trash late last night, and also why I got LINGERING STARES from a group of kids nearby as I had the audacity to throw away my bag of trash at 4pm.

Wednesday 10/12 - While Eli and I were talking to Aram, the Mexican guy, he mentioned something and used the word "stanked". And then looked at us for confirmation that we understood him. Ummm....no. No idea. He thought for a moment and then said "you know, like a puddle. A dirty puddle." Yup, cleared that right up. And then the light bulb went on in my head and I said "do you mean stagnant?" That's exactly what he meant and how I got that from "stanked", and "dirty puddle" I can't tell you. But it was just a little reminded of how we are all from such different worlds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment