This assumes that 1) I know all the European countries and their capitals in English and 2) I know the translation of all the countries and their capitals from Spanish to English.
Are you kidding me? I didn't want to be the ignorant American and confess that we actually never learned all the European countries and their capitals in school. BUT. Even if we had, it would have been at least 10 years ago in middle school, so forgive me if I'd have forgotten a few. Hmph.
Here's a little taste of how the hour went..
- Tallin, Estonia -> Tallinn, Estonia
- Vilna, Lituania -> Vilnius, Lithuania
- Skopje, Macedonia -> Skopje, Macedonia
- La Valletta, Malta -> Valletta, Malta
- Liubliana, Eslovanía -> Ljubljana, Slovania
- Minsk, Bielorrusia -> Minsk, Belarus
And my personal favorite...
- Reikiavik, Islandia -> Reykjavik, Iceland (Yeah...try thinking of that off the top of your head.)
Disclaimer: I didn't know any of these, I had to look them up when I got home. But really, can you blame me for not knowing them?