Sunday, September 25, 2011

Albaicín

Yesterday Emily and I hiked up to Albaicín. This is one of the oldest barrios (neighborhoods) in Granada. It is set up on the hillside over looking the city, and is full of narrow, twisting, winding cobblestone streets and white-washed buildings. It is gorgeous but treacherous, especially when you're trapped on a 4-inch wide "sidewalk" on a side street while an Alhambra tour bus goes barreling past. It's up to you to flatten yourself up against the wall and pretend your invisible, cause the bus drivers don't make much of an effort.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures!

"Close your eyes, sometimes to see more clearly"



just starting up the trek that is visiting Albaicín

a view overlooking the city



Emily and I at la mirador

looking down a side street, with la alhambra in the background



P.S....don't get used to this many entries, cause I'm definitely not going to be able to keep this up. It's just when I can't sleep and my feet hurt to much to keep exploring the city, I blog. Apparently. I wouldn't know from experience since this is my first time blogging, but that's what's been happening so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment