Monday, January 30, 2012

The Apes of Gibraltar: Nat. Geo. Style

When you have something photograph worthy in front of you, it's easy to pretend you work for National Geographic. At least, that's how I feel sometimes. For example, it's hard to take a bad picture of the Eiffel Tower, or an ugly picture of a sunset. Or, in this case, an ugly picture of a baby monkey.

However, I am still extremely pleased with how my day of photographing the Gibraltar apes turned out.
Just look at these cute faces! (And no, I won't be hurt if you stop looking after the first 5 pictures or so. I have a problem of taking a couple hundred too many pictures of animals.)

1. This sequence makes me crack up every time.


2. Sunning themselves


3. Mom does work, baby looks around curiously.

(No, this picture isn't sideways, his head was sticking out sideways from under his mom's arm.)

4. Hangin' out.


5. Lunch time! Aka the many faces of the baby apes.


6. He's nursing!


And if those pictures didn't inspire you to make the trip to Gibraltar, how about these?

The view as we took the cable car up the mountain.


On top of the Rock, with the bay of Gibraltar in the background.



There is a short cut of stairs that cuts straight down the top half of the mountain. It's kind of trippy, and very rickety feeling, although they are stone stairs.
This reminded me of the Great Wall of China. No idea why.

Sometimes I take Gibraltar for granted, since it's only a 45 minute bus ride away and go there weekly. But this day trip really reminded me how lucky I am to only be 45 minutes away from such a gorgeous and unique place. If you are ever in the area, you should definitely take a day (or even half a day) and check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment