Thursday, August 11, 2011

Soo...

I'm bored, and procrastinating getting ready for work. Mornings like this make me so excited for the 12 hours/week max I'll be working for the next year. Ug. I am so not a morning person.

Anyway, here are some random facts about the city I will be calling home in a few weeks:

Algeciras does not serve free tapas........ :( 

--Granada, the city I studied abroad in last year, is one of the only (is it the only?) cities in Spain that serves free tapas. I believe there is a bar in Madrid that serves them as well, but if you have to ask where it is it then you're probably not supposed to be there.)--


Algeciras is considered mainly a jump off point to other locations, like Morocco, the Canary Islands, Tarifa, etc.  I have yet to read a blog entry of someone who visited Algeciras for the sake of visiting Algeciras.

The average temperature during the summer is 75 - 83 degrees, and during the winter it stays in the 50's. Now that is a winter I can deal with!!

--Sidenote. 2 years ago I arrived in Spain in January and it snowed in Madrid while we were there for orientation, and then when we took a group trip to Rome for Valentine's day, it decided to snow for the first time in 20 years. So although it says that Algeciras has mild winters, I won't believe it till I see it.
Especially given the freak temperatures we've been seeing around here lately.

There is a college located nearby the school were I'll be teaching, so *cross your fingers* that this means I'll be able to find students or international travelers to live with.

Aaaand gotta go to work.

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment